Wednesday 20 June 2018

Looking Back To The Future


I had a chance to do some concert photography of two very talented singer songwriters; Paola Tagliaferro and Juri Camisasca recently down in Zoagli in Liguria.

Two quite different artists, Juri belongs to a certain Italian singer songwriter style; profound poetic lyrics born out of a deep personal culture. As well as his own songs he offered us a Gregorian chant in Latin and perhaps uniquely for me, an interesting rendition of a Psalm.

Paola has her roots in the progressive rock of the Seventies contaminated with later musical discoveries such as World Music well mixed to make her music very actual and interesting.  

It has been years since I have seriously tried to photograph a performance and I was surprised that my shooting style returned to me instantly, as if I had never stopped shooting this genre.

With today’s digital cameras the task is far easier than it was with the film cameras I used all those years ago. For the first time I used Face Recognition, which without a glitch took care faultlessly of keeping the subjects in focus; fantastic! The exposure metre tied to the facial recognition gave me perfect exposure on nearly all the frames, no guessing the right exposure any more as one had to do with film. Progress is good sometimes. 
Here are the pictures.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Dissecting the Ghiara

I was asked in a photo discussion to describe how I put together a series of shots of the Ghiara in Reggio Emilia. I thought it might be int...