Friday 7 April 2023

The Perils of Doing it in Post

 Just a little story from a photo shoot at a Romanesque building near Parma, in Italy.

You can see the whole story here .

The most interesting piece in this church is the twelfth century font. Its sides are very irregular and not always vertical. I used my Z7 to photograph it at first, but then I wondered how I would do the correction in post as I was shooting downwards even with my tripod at its lowest height.

With the 45 TS I was able to shoot with the camera level. and the lens dropped down.

When I got back home the 45TS shots just needed some basic adjustment, whilst the Z7 shots were almost impossible to correct to match the actual object.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nikon 28mm -400mm Lens Review

  Nikon have Just released the rather interesting 28mm-400mm zoom lens, which I can see as being pretty useful in a number of situations. I ...