Friday 7 April 2023

To Close for Comfort

This might be of interest to those who photograph architecture and old monuments. It is a result of an experiment to rescue a shot i took at the Pieve of Gropina, in Tuscany.

The highlight of this church is the wonderful pulpit, but it is roped off like many such items in our monuments, to protect it from overenthusiastic visitors. So I had to shot with my wide zoom at 20mm, to avoid the ropes. The stretching in the resulting shot is quite strong.

As an experiment I ran it through DXO Viewpoint using the wide angle stretching tool. To me it looks much more natural. The perfect lens would have been the 45mm, but the ropes ruined the shot.

What do you think?

Original 20mm shot

Unstretched in Viewpoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nikon 28mm -400mm Lens Review

  Nikon have Just released the rather interesting 28mm-400mm zoom lens, which I can see as being pretty useful in a number of situations. I ...